LEX has been a leading law firm in implementing the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Iceland and has provided services to many of the largest companies in the country as well as to municipalities and official institutions.
Data Protection and Information Technology
For years LEX has provided businesses, institutions and individuals with extensive services in the field of IT law. The attorneys at LEX have a long standing experience in advising software developers, telecommunication companies and other entities that provide access to software solutions and that provide other services in the field of information technology. LEX has also been a leading law firm in implementing the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Iceland and has provided services to many of the largest companies in the country as well as to municipalities and official institutions.
- Advising local and internationals businesses and institutions in most sectors on the processing of personal data
- Surveys on compliance of businesses and institutions to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the local legislation implementing the regulation
- Correspondence with the Icelandic Data Protection Authority
- Advice related to inspections initiated by the Data Protection Authority
- Services provided in the capacity of a Data Protection Commissioner
- Drafting and negotiating of license and distribution agreements on software
- Service agreements on software solutions
- Advice in relation to defamation on the internet
- Advice on legislation on electronical signatures
The large number of practicing lawyers at LEX means that the firm is able to provide services from specialists in the field each time.
LEX law offices offers litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution services in every major field of Icelandic law.
Choose practice area
- Banking, Finance and Capital Markets
- Competition Law
- Constitution and Human Rights
- Construction, Public Procurement and Tendering Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Corporate Finance and Project Finance
- Data Protection and Information Technology
- Employment and Labour Law
- Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Law
- European Law
- Insolvency, Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring