LEX‘s team of experts in the field of Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Law is one of the most experienced in Iceland.
Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Law
LEX‘s team of experts in the field of Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Law is one of the most experienced in Iceland. In recent years, this practice area has become more important with growing demands for fundamental principles such as sustainability with respect to the land and its resources. LEX provides comprehensive advice in this field, including in connection with the challenges faced by nature, landowners, government and others because of the ever increasing volume of tourists visiting Iceland. Laws and regulations in this practice area has also been highly influenced by Iceland’s participation in the European Economic Area and the common market. With its specialized team of experts, LEX can ensure its customers high quality service in the field of Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Law. Additionally, the attorneys at LEX have vast litigation experience in this field.
- Geothermal-, water- and mining rights
- Advice to municipalities and landowners with respect to utilization of land for tourism
- Authorizations for utilization of resources and related operations
- Environmental impact assessment of constructions
- Electronic cases and installment of electricity transmission system
- Expropriation cases
- Waste cases
Some of our Customers
- Energy companies
- Land owners
- Tourism companies
- Banks and financial institutions
The large number of practicing lawyers at LEX means that the firm is able to provide services from specialists in the field each time.
LEX law offices offers litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution services in every major field of Icelandic law.
Choose practice area
- Banking, Finance and Capital Markets
- Competition Law
- Constitution and Human Rights
- Construction, Public Procurement and Tendering Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Corporate Finance and Project Finance
- Data Protection and Information Technology
- Employment and Labour Law
- Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Law
- European Law
- Insolvency, Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring