Eva Margrét Ævarsdóttir is a highly experienced corporate lawyer and has worked on numerous financing projects for companies and financial institutions. She has systematically built her knowledge and experience in ESG and responsible investing and advises clients on a broad range of sustainability and ESG matters.
Eva Margrét Ævarssdóttir
Eva Margrét Ævarsdóttir is a licensed attorney before the district courts. She first joined LEX in 2006 and worked there until 2013 and then returned in 2021. She has completed a PMD diploma from IESE Business School and graduated from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium with an LL.M degree in European law in addition to her cand.jur degree from the University of Iceland.
Eva is a highly experienced corporate lawyer and has worked on numerous financing projects for companies and financial institutions. She has systematically built her knowledge and experience in ESG and responsible investing. She was one of the founders of a start-up in sustainability consulting that was one of the first companies in Iceland to advise on sustainability strategy and reporting.
Eva advises clients on a broad range of sustainability and ESG matters. She has worked on various ESG projects, including shaping sustainability policies, the selection and implementation of key standards and frameworks, corporate sustainability reporting, stakeholder analysis and the creation and launch of sustainable finance products, including green bonds. Further, she has given numerous lectures on sustainability and corporate sustainability reporting.
- LEX Law Offices 2006-2013 and since 2021
- Arion bank 2016 – 2020
- RoadMap,start-up consultancy company in sustainability, one of the founders and managing partner, 2014-2016
- Althingi, the Icelandic Parliament, Committee Department 2002-2004 and 1999-2000
- Lögborg Law Offices 2000-2002
- IESE Business School, PMD diploma 2021
- District Court Attorney 2000
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, LL.M 2005
- University of Iceland, Cand. jur. 1998
- Board of Gray Line Iceland 2015-2016
- Board of Verðbréfamiðstöð Íslands 2015-2016
- Legislative committee of the Icelandic Bar Association 2008-2012
- Publishing board of Codex Publishing 1998-2004
- Board of Orator, The Law Students Association at the University of Iceland 1995-1996