LEX has one of the most experienced banking and finance teams in Iceland and has established itself as a leading advisor to financial market participants.
Banking, Finance and Capital Markets
LEX has one of the most experienced banking and finance teams in Iceland and has established itself as a leading advisor to financial market participants. The LEX team has decades of experience, and its members enjoy diverse backgrounds stemming from banks and other financial institutions, the Icelandic Financial Supervisory Authority, in addition to having acted as external counsel to various market participants for a number of years. Some of the firm’s clients include major domestic and international financial institutions.
The LEX team provides advice on all aspects of the financial markets and the operations of financial market participants, whether relating to regulations, negotiations, documentation, or other issues. Our team has been involved in most major transactions in the field in recent years.
The LEX team has extensive knowledge of the complex economic, political, and regulatory environment applicable to, not only regulated entities, but also capital market instruments. LEX has provided advice to issuers of both debt and equity instruments, in addition to advising on derivatives, structured finance, and securitisation.
Recent years have seen the financial markets undergo some of the most wide-ranging changes ever. The fast-paced development has provided market participants with unique challenges in operating in an ever-changing economic, political and regulatory environment. Our banking and finance team have been instrumental in guiding market participants through this challenging landscape. New initiatives under The European Green Deal, including the EU sustainable finance framework, are likely to affect the financial and capital markets. New sustainable and green products are being launched and market participants need to prepare for increasing legislation in the field of ESG (environment, social, governance). LEX can assist its clients prepare for these changes.
- Wide ranging counsel on banking and finance
- Representation towards the Icelandic Financial Supervisory Authority and Nasdaq Iceland
- Documentation, contracts and standard terms & conditions
- Negotiation, documentation of loan and security transactions as well as other financing instruments
- Compliance functions
- General advice and education to market participants
Some of our Customers
- Arion banki hf.
- Íslandsbanki hf.
- Kvika banki hf.
- Landsbankinn hf.
- Íslandssjóðir hf.
- Fossar markaðir hf.
- Össur hf.
- Sjóvá hf.
- Vátryggingafélag Íslands hf.
Expert knowledge in this area
Attorney - ESG Services
Attorney - Partner
Attorney, LL.M. - Partner
Attorney, LL.M. - Of Counsel
Attorney - Partner
Attorney - Partner
The large number of practicing lawyers at LEX means that the firm is able to provide services from specialists in the field each time.
LEX law offices offers litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution services in every major field of Icelandic law.
Choose practice area
- Banking, Finance and Capital Markets
- Competition Law
- Constitution and Human Rights
- Construction, Public Procurement and Tendering Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Corporate Finance and Project Finance
- Data Protection and Information Technology
- Employment and Labour Law
- Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Law
- Environment, Social, Governance (ESG)
- European Law
- Insolvency, Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring
- Insurance and Tort
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation, Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Property Law
- Public Administration, Public Parties and Urban Planning
- Real Estate
- Shipping, Transportation and Maritime Law
- Telecommunication law