For many years, LEX has enjoyed close and cooperative relationship with numerous major Icelandic engineering firms, contractors and public entities in preparation of their major projects.
Construction, Public Procurement and Tendering Law
For many years, LEX has enjoyed close and cooperative relationship with numerous major Icelandic engineering firms, contractors and public entities in preparation of their major projects. Our advice can be sought at any stage, whether it is when preparing the tender documents, when writing and negotiating the construction agreement or assisting parties in the case of disagreement, for instance through negotiations or before the courts.
LEX has extensive experience when it comes to arguing cases regarding the enforcement of construction contracts and in the field of public procurement, both before the courts and the Public Procurement Complaints Committee. Our lawyers have, for instance, argued cases for companies claiming that a public entity has violated the laws on public procurement, and cases where a party to a construction agreement argues that the counter party has defaulted on the said agreement. Our lawyers have also defended public entities in similar cases.
LEX’s experts in the field of arbitration work closely with the construction, public procurement and tendering law practice area to ensure a favourable resolution of disputes.
- Arguing cases before the Public Procurement Complaints Committee and the courts for alleged violations of laws on public procurement
- Advise in preparing tender documents
- Assistance in writing and negotiating a construction agreement
- Assisting buyers or contractors when concluding the final settlement of a construction agreement
- Legal opinions for companies regarding their legal status against public authorities or other parties to a construction agreement
- Various municipalities
- Housing Financing Fund
- EFLA Consulting Engineers
- Promote Iceland
- The development of the New National University Hospital of Iceland
Expert knowledge in this area
The large number of practicing lawyers at LEX means that the firm is able to provide services from specialists in the field each time.
LEX law offices offers litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution services in every major field of Icelandic law.
Choose practice area
- Banking, Finance and Capital Markets
- Competition Law
- Constitution and Human Rights
- Construction, Public Procurement and Tendering Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Corporate Finance and Project Finance
- Data Protection and Information Technology
- Employment and Labour Law
- Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Law
- Environment, Social, Governance (ESG)
- European Law
- Insolvency, Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring
- Insurance and Tort
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation, Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Property Law
- Public Administration, Public Parties and Urban Planning
- Real Estate
- Shipping, Transportation and Maritime Law
- Telecommunication law