For years, LEX has provided comprehensive advice in the field of tax law to its clients. Taxes affect all operations and individuals. Tax matters can therefore be of various types and sizes. LEX provides tax advice and services on every aspect of tax law to small and large companies, as well as individuals.
For years, LEX has provided comprehensive advice in the field of tax law to its clients.
Taxes affect all operations and individuals. Tax matters can therefore be of various types and sizes. LEX provides tax advice and services on every aspect of tax law to small and large companies, as well as individuals.
Tax law is a widespread practice area that touches most other areas of law in one way or another. Thus, tax issues often intertwine with other legal projects. Questions and issues in the field of tax law commonly arise in different legal matters. In these cases, other lawyers at LEX have access to the firm’s specialists in this field who will advice on such matters.
- Advise on tax issues to clients in connection with other projects, inter alia, in connection with corporate and project financing, mergers and acquisitions, financial restructuring, division and winding-up of companies, changes in corporate form, corporate structure and changes in operations.
- Advise to foreign clients in relation to projects in Iceland, e.g. regarding tax liability in Iceland, VAT, withholding tax, double taxation treaties, etc.
- Representing companies and individuals in matters before the Icelandic tax authorities.
- Representing before the courts in cases against the Icelandic tax authorities
- General advise to companies and individuals, as well as legal opinions, on tax matters.
The large number of practicing lawyers at LEX means that the firm is able to provide services from specialists in the field each time.
LEX law offices offers litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution services in every major field of Icelandic law.
Choose practice area
- Banking, Finance and Capital Markets
- Competition Law
- Constitution and Human Rights
- Construction, Public Procurement and Tendering Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Corporate Finance and Project Finance
- Data Protection and Information Technology
- Employment and Labour Law
- Energy, Natural Resources and Environmental Law
- European Law
- Insolvency, Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring