Lára Herborg, a licensed attorney before the district courts, joined LEX in February 2019. Lára specializes in Intellectual Property and Technology Law. She graduated from UC Berkeley in 2018 with an LL.M degree in Law & Technology.
Lára Herborg, a licensed attorney before the district courts, joined LEX in February 2019. Lára specializes in Intellectual Property and Technology Law. She graduated from UC Berkeley in 2018 with an LL.M degree in Law & Technology. Her experience includes assisting clients on strategic licensing and technology transactions matters. Lara advises clients on a broad range of IP and Technology matters, including copyrights, fintech, open source software and data protection compliance. Lára has held many lectures and written articles on the intersection between law and technology.
Lára also has experience in other fields of law, including corporate and commercial law, construction law and tendering processes and has extensive experience in advising clients, both in the public and the private sector in these fields.
Admitted to practice before:
- The District Courts
- LEX since 2019
- DLA Piper, Luxembourg, 2018-2019
- Juris, 2011-2018
- Arion Bank, 2011
- Landsbanki Islands hf. (Winding-up Board), 2009-2011
- LL.M. (Law & Technology), UC Berkeley, 2018
- District Court Attorney 2015
- University of Reykjavík, Master of Law, 2013
- University of Reykjavík, B.A. Law, 2011
- Part time lecturer in Methodology at the University of Reykjavík, 2011-2017
- Guest lecturer in Contract Law and Construction Law in the MPM program at Reykjavík University, 2013
- Supervised a Master´s thesis on blockchain technology and the law, 2018
- Lára Herborg Ólafsdóttir og Olivier Reisch (2018). GDPR in the world of smart devices, ACE (Wolters Kluwer)