Attorney - Partner
Ólafur Haraldsson is an expert on banking and finance and corporate consultancy, particularly with respect to corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and restructuring.
Ólafur began working as an associate at the Counsel Office upon completion of a law degree in 1992, and established his own practice in 1995. He joined LEX in 1999 and has worked there ever since. Ólafur has extensive professional experience in his practice area and has for several years provided consulting services for domestic and foreign financial institutions. Furthermore, he has argued a number of cases before the district courts as well as the Supreme Court of Iceland.
Concurrent with his legal practice, Ólafur has been involved in teaching, as a lecturer in mortgage law and M&A courses at Reykjavík University.
Admitted to practice before:
- The Supreme Court
- The Appeal Court
- The District Courts
- Councel Office 1992 -1995
- Private practice 1995 – 1999
- LEX Law Offices since 1999
- Supreme Court Attorney 2002
- District Court Attorney 1993
- University of Iceland mag. jur. 1992
- Lecturer in mortgage law at the University of Iceland since 2003
- Lecturer in M&A at the University of Iceland since 2008