Attorney, María Kristjánsdóttir, joined LEX in 2008 after completing her post graduate degree at Fordham University. In her work at LEX Maria’s main focus has been in the fields of competition and intellectual property law, with main focus on trademarks.
Attorney, María Kristjánsdóttir, joined LEX in 2008 after completing her post graduate degree at Fordham University. In her work at LEX Maria’s main focus has been in the fields of competition and intellectual property law, with main focus on trademarks. In addition, María has an expertise in the field of data protection and human rights. María has widespread experience in handling matters before the Icelandic Intellectual Property Office, the Icelandic Competition Authority and the Icelandic Consumer Agency. Further, María is the Managing Director of GH Sigurgeirsson Intellectual Property, an IP boutique subsidiary of LEX, www.ghip.is.
Admitted to practice before:
- The District Courts
- LEX since 2008
- CIPP/E certification as an Information Privacy Professional, 2018
- District Court Attorney 2008
- LL.M degree from Fordham University 2008
- ML degree from Reykjavik University 2007
- United Nations Global Compact. (2008). Better health and safety for suppliers: A partnership project between Volkswagen, ILO and GTZ. Embedding Human Rights in Business Practice II. (p. 167 – 172). Published by United Nations Global Compact.
- Hulda Árnadóttir and María Kristjánsdóttir. (2019). Procedures and strategies for pharmaceutical brands: Iceland. Pharmaceutical Trademarks: A Global Guide – 2020/2021. – https://www.lex.is/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/STO-5417-Pharmaceutical-Trademarks-A-Global-Guide-2020-2021-custom-PDFs_Iceland.pdf
- Erla S. Árnadóttir, Lena Markusardóttir and María Kristjánsdóttir. (2019). Iceland – Health and Pharma Overview. OneTrust DataGuidance database. – https://www.lex.is/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Iceland-Health-and-Pharma-Overview-_-DataGuidance.pdf
- Alternate member of the board of Icelandic Association of Patent and Trademark Representatives (FUVE), since 2021
- INTA – Data Protection Committee since 2019
- Member of INTA, ECTA, PTMG, Marques and FUVE