Hjalti Geir Erlendsson is a District Court Attorney who joined LEX in June 2019. He previously worked for LEX in 2013-2015. At LEX he primarily focuses on issues related to public administration, corporate and commercial law as well as European law.
Hjalti Geir Erlendsson is a District Court Attorney who joined LEX in June 2019. He previously worked for LEX in 2013-2015.
Hjalti Geir holds a master’s degree in law from the University of Iceland and an LL.M. degree from Columbia Law School. He has a broad experience in the field of law as well as public policy. In addition to his experience as an attorney at LEX, Hjalti Geir has worked as a lawyer for the Parliamentary Ombudsman in Iceland, the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) in Brussels and as a journalist in Iceland. At LEX he primarily focuses on issues related to public administration, corporate and commercial law as well as European law.
Admitted to practice before:
- The District Courts
- LEX Law Offices since 2019
- Parliamentary Ombudsman, lawyer, 2018-2019
- European Free Trade Association (EFTA) Secretariat in Brussels 2016-2018
- LEX Law Offices 2013-2015
- Journalist for the Financial News of Iceland and the daily Morgunbladid alongside law school
- Columbia Law School, LL.M. 2016
- District Court Attorney 2014
- University of Iceland, mag.jur 2013
- Uppsala university in Sweden, Erasmus 2012
- University of Iceland, BA in law 2011
- Assistant teacher in the Nordic Human Rights Moot Court Competition, University of Iceland 2015
- Assistant teacher in legal theory at the University of Iceland 2012-2013
- Icelandic Gymnastics Federation – legal committee
- Gymnastics coach 2004-2014
- Editorial board of Úlfljótur Law Review, 2010-2011
- Board member of Orator, law student’s association, 2009-2010